Healthcare Tech| August 30, 2020
[Podcast] How COVID-19 Is Helping Accelerate the Growth Of The At-Home Testing Market
On today’s episode of the Healthcare Weekly Podcast, we are joined by Ron Chiarello from Alveo Technologies. Listen to Ron and learn about his exciting company which is closing the loop on at-home testing kits allowing patients to get near-instant test results.
In the current at-home testing market, the usual process requires customers to take a blood sample and send it back to a lab for testing. Results are often available online within 3-5 business days after the lab receives the sample.
Alveo Technologies plan to turn the market on its head with their proprietary test analyzer which can provide test results and actionable recommendations in approximately 30 minutes or less.
Ron also talks about the first at-home coronavirus test his company is working on. Ease of use and low costs are the main considerations in creating the at-home COVID-19 test, which is currently in clinical trials.
Listen to the podcast to learn about:
- How being able to have affordable, easy access to at-home testing kits would impact the healthcare industry.
- Why antibody testing, the most common at-home is not always the most reliable one
- What to do with test results once you have them and the various options Alveo Technologies will provide to customers (telemedicine integration is one of them!).
- Ron’s timeline for having the COVID test readily available to consumers
- How America may return to a sense of normalcy and how effective testing could help with that goal.
Subscribe to‘Healthcare Weekly: At the Forefront of Healthcare Innovation’ podcast on your favorite podcast network, today! New episodes released every week.
Love this podcast? Check out these other recent episodes:
- [Podcast] The rise of personalized healthcare through home blood testing
- [Podcast]: From Mindfulness Training to Quitting Smoking & Managing Chronic Conditions
- [Podcast] How Unite Us Helps Veterans And At-Risk Community Members Access Health Services
- [Podcast] Getting Venture Capital in Healthcare: Everything You Need to Know
- [Podcast]: How one company is trying to fix the broken resource allocation process in healthcare
- [Podcast] Coronavirus symptom tracker for consumers & the future of personalized medical care access