Digital Disruption| August 4, 2020
[Podcast] How Unite Us Helps Veterans And At-Risk Community Members Access Health Services
Today’s guest is Dan Brillman, co-founder and CEO of Unite Us. Dan is a Yale graduate who, after starting a career in finance, he joined the Air Force Reserves as a pilot. After several combat deployments, Dan realized the transition for veterans back into the civilian life was not as seamless as it should be. This inspired him to create a company that addresses the existing gap.
Unite Us is a platform that acts as a conduit between health care entities and community-based organizations. By utilizing electronic referral services, Unite Us aims to improve access to services for groups that need it most.
Dan joins us today to discuss the functionality of the Unite Us platform, who benefits most from this digitally enabled ecosystem and how the data the company is collecting can be analyzed for systemic improvements.
Listen to the podcast to learn about:
- Health care access problems for veterans
- How Unite Us improves coordination of supply chains and service navigation
- Why the initial model of the company didn’t work for the business or users
- How Unite Us presented a solution for statewide coordinated care in North Carolina
- The impact of COVID-19: Accelerating the launch of the platform
- Providing insight to government by utilizing data regarding efficiency, demand and supply
- What other vulnerable groups can benefit from the platform
- How the company can predict social needs and risk factors using aggregate data
- How Unite Us creates actionable data to move the industry forward
- Emerging tech trends that could propel the delivery of care services to veterans in the country.
Subscribe to‘Healthcare Weekly: At the Forefront of Healthcare Innovation’ podcast on your favorite podcast network, today! New episodes released every week.
Love this podcast? Check out these other recent episodes:
- [Podcast] Getting Venture Capital in Healthcare: Everything You Need to Know
- [Podcast]: How one company is trying to fix the broken resource allocation process in healthcare
- [Podcast] Integrated HIPAA Communication Platforms? Yes, they actually exist!
- [Podcast] Coronavirus symptom tracker for consumers & the future of personalized medical care access
- [Podcast] Rimidi launches Coronavirus screening app for doctors to stay safe
- [Podcast]: How is Project Polaris Improving Patient Satisfaction?
- [Podcast] Virgin Pulse & The Future of Enterprise Healthcare. Fireside Chat with Rajiv Kumar
Also, check out the “38 Best Healthcare Startups to Watch in 2020“