Today’s podcast guest is Richard Lim. Richard is co-founder and Managing Director of GSR Ventures. His company is a global investment firm with $3 billion under management and consists of independently managed funds in China, Singapore, and the US.
GSR Ventures invests in early stage technology companies across the globe helping transformative companies change the healthcare ecosystem with their innovations.
Richard joins us today to discuss AI adoption in the medical field, the impact of COVID-19 on healthcare and the stages of securing funding for entrepreneurs.
Listen to the podcast to learn about:
- The difficulty of convincing medical professionals to adopt technology
- How COVID-19 has led to an increase in telemedicine adoption
- The potential impacts of Artificial Intelligence on healthcare
- Combining traditional tech and AI in the healthcare industry
- The types of healthcare companies likely to be funded during the pandemic
- The important role AI systems play in Radiology (also covered here, here and here)
- The difference between the US and China when it comes to adopting AI solutions
- Using AI systems in pharmaceuticals to drive new treatments
- When to seek funding as an entrepreneur
- The extent to which AI could automate physician workload
Subscribe to‘Healthcare Weekly: At the Forefront of Healthcare Innovation’ podcast on your favorite podcast network, today! New episodes released every week.
Love this podcast? Check out these other recent episodes:
- [Podcast]: How one company is trying to fix the broken resource allocation process in healthcare
- [Podcast] Integrated HIPAA Communication Platforms? Yes, they actually exist!
- [Podcast] Coronavirus symptom tracker for consumers & the future of personalized medical care access
- [Podcast] Rimidi launches Coronavirus screening app for doctors to stay safe
- [Podcast]: How is Project Polaris Improving Patient Satisfaction?
- [Podcast] Virgin Pulse & The Future of Enterprise Healthcare. Fireside Chat with Rajiv Kumar
- [Podcast]: Streamlining the Healthcare Licensing Process with BlocHealth
- [Podcast] Learn about EarlySense & smart hospital beds that can save lives
Also, check out the “38 Best Healthcare Startups to Watch in 2020“