Astarte utilizes data collected during treatment of preterm infants to help medical professionals create treatment protocols based on optimizing the health of the microbiome within the first 1000 days of life. The company launched the NICUtrition platform that allows professionals to streamline their process and have easy access to patient data.
On the podcast, Tracy discusses the impact nutrition has on the first 1000 days of life for preterm babies, how their platform utilizes data to create predictions that improve patient outcomes. She also talks about the amazing opportunity to reduce the cost of preterm care.
Listen to the podcast to learn about:
- How Astarte Medical works
- How the company impacts long-term prenatal and postnatal care
- What happens when a baby is born prematurely
- What are the specific needs of preterm babies
- Challenges involved with preterm health
- What causes growth rate failure in preterm infants
- The cost of preterm care and how utilizing the NICUtrition platform can improve both outcomes and reduce the cost of care
- The importance of early pregnancy education regarding nutrition
- Important technologies that could improve healthcare delivery
Subscribe to‘Healthcare Weekly: At the Forefront of Healthcare Innovation’ podcast on your favorite podcast network, today! New episodes released every week.
Love this podcast? Check out these other recent episodes:
- [Podcast] Can We Predict Future Healthcare Risks?
- [Podcast] How COVID-19 Is Helping Accelerate the Growth Of The At-Home Testing Market
- [Podcast] How Unite Us Helps Veterans And At-Risk Community Members Access Health Services
- [Podcast] Getting Venture Capital in Healthcare: Everything You Need to Know
- [Podcast]: How one company is trying to fix the broken resource allocation process in healthcare
- [Podcast] Coronavirus symptom tracker for consumers & the future of personalized medical care access