Pharma| July 10, 2020
[Podcast] Are Stem Cells the Answer to COVID-19 long term damage to the human body?
Today’s guest is Dr. Anand Srivastava. He is the Co-founder, Chairman and Chief Scientific Officer of GIOSTAR. GIOSTAR is the Global Institute of Stem Cell Therapy and Research.
Under Dr. Anand’s leadership, scientists and clinicians have developed and established stem cell therapies for various types of autoimmune diseases and blood disorders.
Dr. Anand joins us today to discuss his experience in the field of stem cell research, the uses for stem cells and how they could be employed to battle COVID-19.
Listen to the podcast to learn about:
- Public vs. government perspectives on stem cell research
- The history of stem cell research
- The modern approach to stem cell therapy: regenerative medicine
- Understanding the spectrum of diseases humans are prone to
- How stem cells can be applied to help with metabolic malfunction
- Regenerative medicine to battle degenerative disease
- How the connotations of ‘embryonic’ impacted perceptions
- The multi-national effort to research stem cell applications to battle COVID-19
- The importance of understanding the physiology of the COVID-19 virus
- Why people with underlying conditions and the elderly are more affected by COVID-19
- How the coronavirus could impact perceptions of stem cell research
- The continuing necessity of a vaccine
- Why we need a multiple approach strategy to tackle COVID-19
- Potential issues meeting supply and demand of stem cells in the future
- What the future of the industry holds
Subscribe to‘Healthcare Weekly: At the Forefront of Healthcare Innovation’ podcast on your favorite podcast network, today! New episodes released every week.
Love this podcast? Check out these other recent episodes:
- [Podcast] Getting Venture Capital in Healthcare: Everything You Need to Know
- [Podcast]: How one company is trying to fix the broken resource allocation process in healthcare
- [Podcast] Integrated HIPAA Communication Platforms? Yes, they actually exist!
- [Podcast] Coronavirus symptom tracker for consumers & the future of personalized medical care access
- [Podcast] Rimidi launches Coronavirus screening app for doctors to stay safe
- [Podcast]: How is Project Polaris Improving Patient Satisfaction?
- [Podcast] Virgin Pulse & The Future of Enterprise Healthcare. Fireside Chat with Rajiv Kumar
Also, check out the “38 Best Healthcare Startups to Watch in 2020“