Digital Disruption| April 20, 2020
[Podcast] Fireside chat with Jeff Arnold, WebMD & Sharecare Founder on Covid-19 & The Future of Medicine
Sharecare provides personalized content to help people manage their health, adjust their behavior, and improve their overall health.
When Jeff started WebMD, only 26% of Americans had internet access. Since then, the number has increased to 90%, thus making content consumption much more accessible and opening up so many healthcare opportunities. Jeff explains how artificial intelligence can and will play a critical role in the delivery of healthcare services in the United states, as it can be used to organize patient data, go through lists of information, learn from phone conversations, and so on. However, its role is only supportive to doctors and will never be able to replace them.
- Establishing trust in content
- Distinguishing between fake and real news in the age of Covid-19
- The impact of COVID-19 on how we perceive content and data, plus Sharecare’s Real Age Test
- The fear of COVID-19 case numbers increasing again when restrictions are lifted and the solutions deployed by Sharecare to help mitigate a new wave of infections.
- How employers can get insights from health data and act on it to keep work environments safe and secure
- The future of the integrated consumer path between informational content and clinical decision making
- Predictions of the future of healthcare, Artificial Intelligence, and the myth of giving up on doctors
Sharecare has also released a Covid-19 conversational AI symptom tracker. Check this resource to learn more about this amazing new free tool released by Jeff and the team.
Subscribe to‘Healthcare Weekly: At the Forefront of Healthcare Innovation’ podcast on your favorite podcast network, today! New episodes released every week.
Love this podcast? Check out these other recent episodes:
- [Podcast] Coronavirus symptom tracker for consumers & the future of personalized medical care access
- [Podcast] Rimidi launches Coronavirus screening app for doctors to stay safe
- [Podcast]: How is Project Polaris Improving Patient Satisfaction?
- [Podcast] Identifying Clinical and Social Needs with Clinify
- [Podcast] Virgin Pulse & The Future of Enterprise Healthcare. Fireside Chat with Rajiv Kumar
- [Podcast]: Streamlining the Healthcare Licensing Process with BlocHealth
- [Podcast] Learn about EarlySense & smart hospital beds that can save lives